EP 05: High Performance Leadership through Vulnerability and Trust
Special Guests: Kristin Linklater, Denise Leech, Adam Brayford
Host: Leah Gregg
Welcome to the People Are The Plan™ Podcast! We'll talk about how to grow leaders that inspire, build teams that thrive, and create work cultures that rock. Each episode is like sharing a cup of coffee with some of the smartest people on the planet.
Today, we’re chatting with Simon Fraser University’s Communications and Marketing team members, including:
- Kristin Linklater: Executive Director, Communications & Marketing
- Denise Leech: Senior Director, University Communications
- Adam Brayford: Director, Student Experience Communications
In this episode they share:
- What inspired them to start The Leader's Journey as a team
- How learning about their motivational values and strengths has reshaped how the team connects and solves problems
- How the training has changed their everyday work experience and communication skills
- Their experience implementing critical feedback skills with one another as leaders, and how that's affected their teams
- Adam, Denise, and Kristin share personal summaries of their experiences with The Leader's Journey
Get in touch with our guests! Connect with the team on LinkedIn and Twitter:
- Curious about The Leader's Journey? Learn more at Smart Savvy Academy, or download our comprehensive program PDF
- Ready to equip your team with critical feedback skills? We can help! Check out the Feedback Is My Friend workshop.
- Want to hear more from Kristin Linklater? She shared part of her coaching leadership journey in this short video:
Like what you've heard?
Catch all our episodes!
Catch key insights from top thought leaders like Peter Bregman, Sheila Heen, Erica Keswin, Claire Booth and more. Click to listen to all our episodes.