Leadership: Slow Down & Enjoy the Ride
Featuring: Braden Hoeppner
Host: Leah Gregg
Welcome to the People Are The Plan™ Podcast from Smart, Savvy + Associates. Each episode, we'll talk about how to grow leaders that inspire, build teams that thrive, and create work cultures that rock.
In this episode, host Leah Gregg and Braden Hoeppner kick back live their best #vanlife in Braden’s 1987 Volkswagen Westfalia. Together they discuss the importance of cultivating feedback and trust in the workplace, and the value of taking your foot off the gas so you can slow down and enjoy the ride.
Braden Hoeppner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, at Herschel Supply Company is an executive leader with a proven track record of successfully building and scaling top brands like Coastal Contacts Inc, Kit & Ace, and SAXX.
Intrigued by the way companies work to engage consumers, Braden is a pro at understanding how technology, data, and the customer voice come together to provide innovative solutions to real-world consumer problems.
In this episode:
- Find out how a coach and mentor helped Braden get his start in marketing
- How he’s learned to developed his leadership style and skills
- The importance of working as a team and moving from independence to interdependence
- How to cultivate feedback from all levels at all times
- The role grit plays in meaningful work
- The importance of extending 100% trust when you're building your team
- Plus, the answer to the question "If you knew then what you know now, what would you say to yourself at the start of your career?"
- Work with a coach to level up your leadership skills an unlock your hidden potential.
- Ready to build an exceptional team? We can help. Head to smartsavvy.com to find your next #StandApart team member.
Like what you heard?
Click the icon to share this episode!
Catch all our episodes!
Catch key insights from top thought leaders like Peter Bregman, Sheila Heen, Erica Keswin, Claire Booth and more. Click to listen to all our episodes.
Smart, Savvy + Associates are experts in helping marketing and communications leaders find people and develop teams that thrive and deliver inspiring results. As a people performance company, we specialize in finding marketing and communications talent in the Pacific North West. We also offer training programs for leaders and teams as well as options to become a certified coach or get coached.